Working out the bugs for my employer.
1. Why does it have to be warm enough for me to get the scooter out one day, and a few days later it’s snowing again?
2. Most people don’t like the metric system. They like the English system since it’s “familiar.” Yet most people don’t even know one tablespoon is equal to three teaspoons; most people think it’s four.
3. My favorite breakfast includes pot roast hash, eggs over medium, toast, and enough coffee to float a skiff.
4. “The Making of the Empire Strikes Back” was the last book I read before falling asleep the other night. (I usually read my Bible before going to sleep, but I did something different the night before last. I didn’t read anything last night; I was too tired and went right to sleep.)
5. I am SO glad I took a couple hours off from the office this AM.
6. A hot shower would make me feel better right now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to playing “Hello Dolly” in the pit of a high school musical, tomorrow my plans include going to a pastor/deacon conference (I will represent the latter; I’m not called to be a pastor!) and Sunday, I want to have lunch with my Mom!
1. Bring your favorite side dish to share, and we’ll have a rockin’ BBQ at my place. Once the snow melts off the grill, that is…
2. Make sure you talk to everyone at the BBQ, so that all the people feel like they are included.
3. Some spare ribs and some brisket and a side of baked beans is exactly what I plan on bring to the BBQ..
4. Well, you see, I’m not sure how this FFI took on a BBQ theme; I did watch a BBQ show on TV last night with daughter Julia, so perhaps that’s it.
5. I can’t wait to have a BBQ; it won’t be too soon!
6. But what if the snow never melts? How then will we have a BBQ? Perhaps we’ll just have to have a party indoors.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to playing a gig with Blind Al at a BBQ stand (not really–no BBQ at all–but the gig is real), tomorrow my plans include playing with Steelin’ Thunder at a fundraising BBQ (again, real gig, no BBQ) and Sunday, I want to have extended family dessert time at Mert’s house, and I hope someone brings some BBQ!
1. Ooooh, I hope I can steer the rest of this day out of the ditch.
2. I’ve got two pounds to go on my weight loss goal and they won’t come off; I can’t stand it!
3. How the heck did I end up with so many bills? I thought we had that credit card down to a reasonable level.
4. Anywhere I can go on my scooter is one of my favorite places to visit.
5. I’m not a snare drum hoarder, I swear, I’m not!
6. If it comes out of the kitchen of an Italian grandma’s house, it has to be good.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to an evening home, tomorrow my plans include a rehearsal for the show Hello Dolly (I’ll be in the pit, not on the stage!) and Sunday, I want to practice the funk with Groove Machine!
1. New experiences and possibilities have been on my mind the last few days; I think this winter funk is somewhat inspiring me to look ahead.
2. In an effort to keep my cardio exercise exciting, I will sometimes take unexpected turn on a daily walk through the city. (It also gives me an excuse to look at all the lovely architecture of the old buildings here in town.)
3. I’m looking forward to losing these last three or so pounds. (I hope by this time next week, or maybe two weeks, I’ll be able to say “199, baby!”)
4. The challenges of raising twin boys is something I never would have imagined.
5. Try to find a delicious food that fills your belly completely for less than 300 calories; I haven’t found one yet.
6. The fact that I can lift a car full of baked beans with two clowns sitting on the roof using only my left earlobe is what’s extraordinary about me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to an evening home with the family, tomorrow my plans include working at the office and maybe a rehearsal for “Hello Dolly,” and Sunday, I want to have had my Sunday School lesson prepared!