Tomorrow is “meeting day” for me. I’ve got a 7am, a 9am, a 10am, and a 12:30 lunch meeting. Anyone available in the afternoon? 🙂
I mentioned a few posts ago about how much I love my new Harmony 880 remote. And I still really like it. But Susan mentioned something, almost off hand, tonight: She could never make the #9 work. So I tried it. She was right–no #9. I tried it on the TV, the radio, and the TIVO. No #9. So I reprogrammed the remote. I made the #8 send the code for #9, and I made the #9 button send the #8 command. And, #8 made #9, and #9 didn’t do anything. So I knew it was the button itself, and not the commands the remote was sending. The remote came with 60 days of phone support, so I got them on the horn. Well, after about 20 minutes on hold. The tech listened to what I tried, and agreed there was a problem with the hardware. He had me upgrade the firmware. No luck. Then he said “Push the button real hard.” I did. It worked. Still, that’s not how it should work, so he said he’d refer me to warranty service. He said I should hear from them in three to five business days. Let’s see what happens.
We were going to have hot turkey sandwiches for supper tonight. Susan was even going to make some homemade herb bread for the sandwiches. Well, she forgot about the bread, so she threw the ingredients into the bread machine for a “rapid rise” white loaf. When that was done, it turned out the turkey wasn’t thawed! So we had hot, homemade bread for supper! We broke out the jam, butter, and peanut butter, as well as some sugar and cinnamon. Add to that a couple o’ hunks of cheddar cheese, and you had a quick, simple supper we all loved!
Janet hosts the Friday Fill. She’s been reporting for several weeks that her father has been in ill health. She reported this morning that he passed away last night. How about sending up a prayer for Janet and her family?
1. The world is often a cold and hard place.
2. “It does not fix the underlying problem” was the last thing I said.
3. I wonder about my future home buying adventure.
4. “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.” is at the end of all things.
5. There’s something to be said for living in a country as great as the USA.
6. On a tropical beach with Susan (and without kids) is where I want to be.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting home relatively early from my gig, tomorrow my plans include not gigging (yeah!) and Sunday, I want to have an awesome Sunday School lesson planned!
You can check out our Christmas and New Years photos here.