I know I haven’t posted here in a while. Facebook has taken the place of my blog. (Check me out over at facebook.com/billyrhythm) Today, though, I wanted to post a solution I’ve found for a particular Quickbooks problem: Quickbooks won’t print and invoice–either PDF or on paper. Receipts would print. Reports would print. Only invoices wouldn’t print.
What I tried:
- Restart computer and printer
- Verify and rebuild Quickbooks data
- Back up and then restore the company file
- Download and run the Quickbooks printer preference removal tool
- Remove and reinstall printer drivers
- Remove Quickbooks using the Revo uninstaller tool (which also removes all registry entries), and reinstall.
None of that fixed it. What did fix it? Face it, that’s why you’ve read this far. What fixed it was…
…switching to a default Quickbooks invoice template. Yup. The customer was using a custom template. Something there got hosed. Switching back to the default template fixed it.
If that worked for you, please leave a comment.