1. Would you rather have one great friend or 5 pals?
One great friend.
2. Are you better at remembering names or faces?
Faces, but there’s a funny story here. Yesterday, I was coming into the office. A customer was coming out. He said “Hi Bill.” I didn’t recognize him. I said “I’m really sorry–do we know each other?” He said “It’s me, Jim K.” Well, I’ve made changes to Jim’s website for the last couple of years! The difference? “You don’t have a hat on!” I said. “I didn’t recognize you without it!” He admitted it was very rare for him to be without a hat.
3. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
My Bible is on my desk. I read through it, then start again at the beginning. I’ve decided that every time I do it, I’ll pick a new translation.Â I’m currently in Proverbs of the NIV. I’m also 2/3 of the way through a cookbook my sister gave me almost two years ago, and a non-fiction account of the “Paul is Dead” scandal Susan bought me for Christmas last year.
4. Will the world be better or worse in 100 years?
Doesn’t thermodynamics declare that it will be worse?
5. Is your best friend now anything like your best friend from childhood?
No. My best friend now is a 36 year old mother of three. My best friend then was a 10 year old boy!