Janet says “This week, I took the first sentence in 6 of my favorite books…you fill them in…with the right words or even better, ones of your own.
1. “In a hole in the ground there lived Larry the lizard who liked lemonade, and spent his afternoons lounging.”
2. “Some folks call it a sling blade, but I call it a Kaiser blade, but that ain’t no matter.”
3. “After dark the rain began to fall again, the storm drains backed up. There’s only so much the sewer system could take.”
4. “He was an old Spanish fish from the hold of the Spanish galleon.”
5. “There was a hand in the darkness, and it was connected to the arm bone, and it was connected to the shoulder, and that was connected to the bank president’s mistress.”
6. “Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, and so do snipers.”
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to, well, nothing in particular, tomorrow my plans include serving at the church spaghetti supper, and Sunday, I want to resolve to have a better week than this one!