I’ve been on vacation and so on the last couple of weeks. I’m back into the groove now, though.
1. This is what life does. It lets you succeed or fail, and usually in proportion to how much you try.
2. When you sit down at supper, and you all take turns saying grace, and your oldest son says “Thank you that I have a great dad,” do you really appreciate the moment? (I know I did!)
3. Upon reflection in the mirror, I decided I’d be better off having the leftover conjoined twin’s foot removed from my forehead.
4. I’ve been keeping a blog for quite a long time. (The archives show my very first as January 10th, 2001. Am I the only one who reads their own blog to see what they were up to years ago?)
5. Later, you wake up because your spouse says “Sacajawea” in a dream.
6. It’s just a quick walk from my house down the hill to the far and boundless sea.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to playing St. George Days with Three Button Deluxe (with special guitar player Mac “The Knife” Economy), tomorrow my plans include billing day and the church fair at St. George Days, and Sunday, I want to see some new faces at Sunday School (I’ve invited a friend–have you?)!