1. That’s a heckuva place to be.
2. Don’t throw the scissors; I’m over here! (That’s a throwback to this dream I had one night that I was lying on the floor beside the bed, and Susan was wrapping presents. I told her not to throw the scissors over the side of the bed, thinking she didn’t realize I was there.)
3. The possibilities include: pumpkin ice cream and marshmallow, roasted red peppers and garlic, or Pee Wee Herman and Vincent Price.
4. Sausage soup is one of my favorite cool day recipes.
5. How will you know that your car is low on oil unless you check the dipstick?
6. There are two sure signs that I’m going to have a bad day: no coffee and a stormy sky.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to playing funky soul with Groove Machine, tomorrow my plans include playing with Blind Albert and his Two Piece Orchestra, and Sunday, I want to buy a new car!