1. Laughter wasn’t used in any of the operating room scenes in MASH; the producers felt a laugh track took away from the seriousness of what was on screen.
2. “I wasn’t at” are the three words that started off the last email I sent.
3. What I’m most looking forward to today is my family coming home from a week at camp.
4. The prayers of my children puts a smile on my face.
5. Where in the world can you find a Gladstone snare drum for $6.00? If you know, please call me immediately!
6. The Cars had a song that included the lyrics “ just what I needed! ” and Susan and I were talking about American new wave bands the other day. (Other than The Cars and Blondie, I couldn’t come up with any more.)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to having Susan (and the kids) home, tomorrow my plans include driving three hours to a gig in Machias, playing three hours, traveling three hours home, and then going to another gig and Sunday, I want to probably get some rest!
I hope you have a great weekend with your family!
kids are genuined and my son’s prayer always put smile on my face too..
happy friday to you..
my entry is up here!
Talking Heads! One of my favorite “New Wave” groups. Loved the Cars, too.
Sounds like your weekend will be fun but exhausting. Enjoy!
Of course, Talking Heads! Susan and I LOVE them!
New Wave… too funny! I was just at The rock n roll hall of fame the other day and saw all the bands above and would add Cyndi Lauper, The knack and The Police!
omg the 80s were my time…lots of folks I know were raising kids then, but not me … I was out dancing to new wave music! Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, the Clash, the Police, the English Beat, Squeeze, Lene Lovich, U2, etc., etc.,!